Effective date: May 15, 2019
T/A Claims Assist (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operate the www.claimsassistireland.ie website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
- Registered Business Name: John Mannion – Business Reg Nr 388776
- Registered Business Address: T/A Claims Assist, Leitir Burca House, Ballymoneen Rd, Knocknacarra, Galway
- Revenue No: 6426839P
- Trading name:T/A Claims Assist
- Registered office address: T/A Claims Assist, Leitir Burca House, Ballymoneen Rd, Knocknacarra, Galway
- Contact Numbers: 1890 929 555
- Information Collection And Use
- Information we collect when you interact with our website
- Storage and transfer of your information
- Information collected or obtained from third parties
- Transfer of information outside the EEA
- Transfer Data
- Use of Data
- Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Usage of Data
- Transfer of Data
- Disclosure of Data
- Security of Data
- Do Not Track” Signals
- Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Service Providers
- Links To Other Sites
- Children’s Privacy
- Contact Us
- Service Service is the www.claimsassistireland.ie website operated by T/A Claims Assist
- Personal Data Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Data Processors (or Service Providers) Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User) Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
Storage and transfer of your information
Country of storage: UK, Europe and USA
When you contact us by phone, we collect your phone number and any information you provide to us during your conversation with us. We do not record phone calls.
Information collected or obtained from third parties
This section sets out how we obtain or collect information about you from third parties.
Occasionally, we may receive information about you from third parties. The third parties from which we are likely to receive information about you will generally include:
- Brokers May email referrals to us
It is also possible that third parties with whom we have had no prior contact may provide us with information about you.
Information we obtain from third parties will generally be your name and contact details, but will include any additional information about you which they provide to us.
Transfer of information outside the EEA
Information is transferred and stored outside the EEA (EEA) in the circumstances as listed below.
We will also transfer your information outside the EEA or to an international organisation to comply with legal obligations should they arise (compliance with a court order, for example).
We will ensure appropriate safeguards and protections are in place should we be required to do so.
Information you submit to us via our contact form is stored indside the EEA and stored on our third-party mail server provider’s servers.
Country of storage: UK, Europe and USA
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
T/A Claims Assist uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
T/A Claims Assist may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
T/A Claims Assist will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction
If you are located outside Ireland and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Ireland and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
T/A Claims Assist may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of T/A Claims Assist
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
- We use a number of third parties to provide us with services which are necessary to run our business or to assist us with running our business and who process your information for us on our behalf. These include the following:
- Telephone provider (Ireland),
- Email provider (stored on our hosting provider’s (Web World Ireland) servers in the UK and backed up using Google in its data centres around the world)
- Hosting provider (UK*****),
- Backup providers (UK, EU Member States, USA)
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
“Do Not Track” Signals
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the EEA (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. T/A Claims Assist aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where T/A Claims Assist relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. You may obtain a fully copy of all data stored on this website by logging in and visiting your account settings here. You may also delete any data stored on this site by visiting your account dashboard once logged in.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the EEA (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
- Electronic Funds Transfer:
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By visiting our website: www.claimsassistireland.ie
- By phone number: 1890 929 555
- By mail: T/A Claims Assist, Leitir Burca House, Ballymoneen Rd, Knocknacarra, Galway