Essential reading for any homeowner who wants to avoid a house fire.

A recent article published in the titled How to avoid the devastation of a House Fire this Christmas” by Paul Hyland.
As we know, it is important to heed this advice all year round.
At Claims Assist we are all too familiar with the devastation of a house fire. From smoke damage to extreme fire damage resulting in the demolition of your home. We have seen it all.
As always, prevention is better than cure. It is wise to heed the advice given by the National Directorate for Fire & Emergency Management (NDFEM) especially in relation to the following;
  • Chimney Fires which remain the top cause of house fires in Ireland.
  • Electrical equipment with overloaded sockets or faulty extension leads.
  • Smoke alarms need working batteries and to be properly located.
  • Unattended candles, night lights and careless smokers with full ashtrays.
  • Ordinary domestic appliances such as clothes dryers, cookers, electric heaters and phone chargers often cause very serious damage when they malfunction or are left unattended.
  • Smoke damage – Occasionally the actual fire damage may not be serious. The associated smoke and odour contamination can affect the entire house and contents. It can be extremely expensive to resolve with specialist cleaning and decontamination required.

If you have suffered fire damage to your home, call the house fire claim specialists now at Claims Assist 0818 929555.