House Fire Insurance Assessors
Our house fire insurance assessors were called to a fire damaged house in Co. Limerick. The homeowners were forced to call the local fire brigade during the night after noticing flames and smoke over their kitchen range. The house fire damage was caused by a large chimney fire.
A build up of soot in the void behind the range caught fire and it smoldered away for hours undetected.
The intense heat cracked the chimney and allowed extensive fire and smoke damage in the kitchen and throughout the house. This is a typical example of a house fire & chimney fire claim that we are regularly called out to.
Total loss fire claims – partial loss fire claims
Notifying the fire brigade immediately and vacating the house to safety was the homeowners first actions. They watched on as the fire services arrived at the house and set about extinguishing the blazing chimney fire.
Protection of life is always the first priority. However, minimizing property damage is also high on the list of protocols that the Fire Services operate within. Quickly putting a fire out can make a huge difference in terms of liability for an insurance company. It is the separation between total loss fire claims and partial loss fire claims.
Unfortunately the fire services were unable to access the source of the fire in the void behind the range. They eventually had to demolish part of the chimney breast over the range to extinguish the chimney fire.
House fire claims process
After meeting the home owners, Claims Assist’s house fire insurance assessors;
- Reported the fire damage claim to their insurance company.
- Promptly arranged a meeting with the insurance company’s loss adjuster at the fire damaged house.
- Outlined & agreed a comprehensive scope of necessary house fire damage repairs with the insurer’s loss adjuster.
- Arranged alternative accommodation for the home owners while their was being repaired.
This is a standard part of the house fire claims process. Your insurer’s Loss adjuster will call to inspect and record the extent of damage to a house in all fire damage claims.
What does an insurance loss adjuster do?
- The loss adjuster will determine the cause of the house fire damage.
- They record, photograph and measure the affected areas caused by the fire.
- The loss adjuster will measure the footprint of your property. This is called a “Value At Risk Survey”. If the loss adjuster discovers that your home is under insured, they may reduce your claim payout accordingly. (Example – If you are under insured by 30%, your claim payout will be reduced by 30%.) This is known as the “Average Clause”.
- The loss adjuster is paid by your insurance company & acts solely on behalf of your insurance company. (Not you!)
- A loss adjuster’s role is to reduce all claim payouts where they can, in turn saving your insurance company money.
- An insurance loss adjuster is a claim specialist used to protect your insurance company’s interests.
- It is vital that you as a policyholder get your own specialist representation, in the form of a house fire insurance assessor.
- A claims assessor will ensure you get your maximum payout entitlement under the terms of your policy.
The homeowner wisely had Claims Assist acting on their behalf. As highly experienced house fire insurance assessors we bring our specialist knowledge and understanding of the house fire claims process to the table.
Any disputes or points of contention in either a partial fire claim or a total fire claim are given the due diligence that having professional representation provides. Claims Assist ensures that the insurance policy in place allows the full extent of cover that was sold and paid for, no more and no less!
HOUSE FIRE INSURANCE ASSESSORS
The next step in this house fire claim is a local chimney insurance repair specialist. Nationwide Chimneys have been called to undertake the chimney CCTV survey and the chimney relining works to determine the cause of the loss.
If you have had a chimney fire, house fire, smoke damage, electrical fire or kitchen fire, call Claims Assist.
Claims Assist ensure that homeowners get their maximum claim pay out to cover the cost of fire & smoke damage repairs to their home.
Claims Assist will take your property fire claims and manage every component from start to finish on a ‘no win – no fee’ basis.
As Nationwide Service Providers, Claims Assist are your Local Insurance Assessors. We can manage your property damage claim from start to finish whilst ensuring a swift and fair settlement.
Whether you are looking for “Loss Assessors near me”, “Local Loss Assessors” or “Loss Assessors in my area” – Claims Assist can be the answer to all your questions.
Feel free to call us now on 0818 929 555